Official Blue Raven Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon X/Y

5 posters

Go down

Pokemon X/Y Empty Pokemon X/Y

Post by ChristopherBrahm Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 am

With Pokemon X/Y on the horizon I've been a huge pokemon bent, playing heart gold again, watching old anime episodes, and desperately checking serebii for the newest news that just ain't coming quickly enough.

At the moment I'm eyeing X for the game and Fennekin for my starter, but depending on the final forms of the starters I might changed my mind. I hardly pick fire starters, so I'm ready for a change.

Anyone else pumped for new Pokemon?
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X/Y Empty Re: Pokemon X/Y

Post by hearty beef n potato Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 am

Not in the slightest, but I'll certainly keep my eye on any Japanese Pokemon news for you! What's your favourite pokemon episode btw?
hearty beef n potato
hearty beef n potato
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 am

I think the one where Ash gets the Earth badge. It's the first time we see Giovanni out of the shadows, it foreshadows Mewtwo for the Pokemon movie, we see Gary actually fighting in a battle for the first time, and Team Rocket is almost competent when they are appointed gym leaders.

It's surprising how much they packed into that little episode.
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorZanta Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 am

WOW this post reminded me of a dream i had last night. I had a dream that the new Pokemon game came out and i had a certain amount of money and i need to buy both the game and the 3DS. I was going around from store to store and there was huge lines etc.

When does it come out? I will buy a 3DS just for this pokemon game.
VictorZanta
VictorZanta
Admin
Admin

http://www.blueravencomics.com/ http://www.blueravengaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:10 am

It comes out in October, and finally its going to be a worldwide simultaneous release rather than japan getting it a year before everyone else. Sadly, the news on the next generation seems to be revealed to japan first before the rest of the world like usual through Coro Coro and the usual outlets.
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Carn Reynolds Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 am

Firestarter for life. I'm pretty sure in all the games Fire was the hardest starter. How are you finding Heart Gold? I recently went back and played FireRed, and was impressed in how they improved on the classic. However the duel types in a series I was familiar with having a single type caught me off guard, and added to the experience.
Carn Reynolds
Carn Reynolds
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

http://fanboysinc.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 am

Heart Gold has a lot of features that make the game so much better that they pointlessly tossed in in Black and White. Always on running shoes and menus that are navigated by the touch screen being the biggest ones I miss when playing Black 2.

Unfortunately, I decided to train an Arbok this time around, and I never realized Arbok is not a very good pokemon. No wonder Team Rocket hardly won Razz
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnal Eclipse Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 am

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Platinum, but I'm pretty interested in this new one. I suppose we will see! What all have I missed?
Autumnal Eclipse
Autumnal Eclipse
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:35 am

Mostly just the new Pokemon Razz Combat wise the only really new things are Triple Battle and Rotation Battles, and I'd definitely recommend rotation battles (you fight with three pokemon out, but only one fighting at a time and you can rotate them whenever it is time to pick your moves).

There are some other nice little changes like HMs only being neccessary for optional stuff, TMs not being used up after one use, a nice new approach to the elite four and stronger story focuses. Black 2 is my current "main game" where I keep the good pokemon because of how easy it is to train in that one.
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnal Eclipse Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Interesting, thank you.
Autumnal Eclipse
Autumnal Eclipse
New User
New User