Official Blue Raven Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Excessive Batman!

5 posters

Go down

Holy Excessive Batman! Empty Holy Excessive Batman!

Post by justinbarnes Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Starting in May there will 17 Batman character theme books from DC. If you take away the books that don't feature Batman as the main character that still leaves you with 10. Anyone else thinks that is a bit excessive?
justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Holy Excessive Batman! Empty Re: Holy Excessive Batman!

Post by VictorZanta Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 am

Yea i dislike when they do that. I thought X-Men comics were bad but at least they haves 100's of mutants.
VictorZanta
VictorZanta
Admin
Admin

http://www.blueravencomics.com/ http://www.blueravengaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kassim M. Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:44 am

Yea, it's totally excessive.

It also throws DC's continuity into the toilet. I mean, I'm finding it harder and harder to read Batman books since there are so many implausibilities and time discrepancies that it'd have Doc Brown pulling his hair out.

Kassim M.
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by justinbarnes Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am

The continuity is certainly a problem. If you were not reading Batman Inc. and the other Batman titles, you would have no idea what happened to Damian. I don't think Leviathan arc has been mentioned in any other book besides Inc.
justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Kassim M. Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

Yea, I don't (refuse) to read Batman Inc, but I flipped through it in my LCS to see Damian's death and I was very confused. It looked like Damian was being killed by a Tusken Raider from Star Wars.

This unfamiliarity with the events in Batman Inc didn't really give his death any kind of dramatic weight. And the thing is, if you're killing a character who has an influence throughout the whole Batman universe, why would you do it so that those not reading Inc had no idea what the hell really happened?

Honestly, this is just proof that there are too many damn batman titles.

Kassim M.
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by justinbarnes Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 am

Kassim M. wrote:Honestly, this is just proof that there are too many damn batman titles.

Forum quote of the day!
justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorZanta Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 am

I feel the same with Wolverine. While Wolverine doesn't have as many as his own titles he appears everywhere.
VictorZanta
VictorZanta
Admin
Admin

http://www.blueravencomics.com/ http://www.blueravengaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kassim M. Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Yea, Wolverine is a WHOLE different issue. The problem with him is that his personality is a bit more complex than Batman's. The problem then becomes that he acts differently in nearly every title he appears in. It's ridiculous, honestly.

Kassim M.
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan Barker Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm

It always bothers me how Wolverine is treated in the Avengers comics and such. He's like this toned down, boring guy who just sort of hangs around. I'm not even sure how I feel about him being a headmaster either - Sure, it's interesting but he's better being an angry foil for someone like Cyclops or Storm who are contrastingly uptight. Plus he should be like, storming off on random personal vendettas every now and then and not just at the beck and call of any super team that wants him around.

Batman is sort of the same thing. His stories are so diluted between titles that you can barely get a good reading of what's going on. You might know what happens but miss out on the consequences because they happened in a different title. Not only that but a lot of the mystery and loner status of Batman goes away when he seems to be popping up in everyone's stories. He has become more of a celebrity, whereas I like the idea of Batman being spoken of as this urban myth/legend, like he was in the start of the 2011 justice league reboot.
Ethan Barker
Ethan Barker
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by justinbarnes Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:37 am

justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 pm

It's definitely a welcome change from the usual batman titles that get published. I've always been a fan of Silver Age goofiness and I pick up the older titles whenever i can find them. I loved the brave and the bold cartoon for that very reason.

Seeing Batman dipping back into his goofier roots is always a joy for me, and it offers a breather between the broody and serious titles that people expect from batman these days.
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by justinbarnes Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:18 pm

I think the series will be good, but I won't be reading because it is only going to be a digital comic. And I also some of the Silver Age stories for that reason.
justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down