Official Blue Raven Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Horse - The Black Beetle

3 posters

Go down

Dark Horse - The Black Beetle Empty Dark Horse - The Black Beetle

Post by Carn Reynolds Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 am

Is anyone else reading this? I've got the first three issues and so hungry for more! If you love Pulp-noir you should grab it. I wrote a review / recommendation about it, and I honestly can't get enough of it. Tell me someone else is reading this!
Carn Reynolds
Carn Reynolds
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

http://fanboysinc.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Dark Horse - The Black Beetle Empty Re: Dark Horse - The Black Beetle

Post by justinbarnes Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm not reading this but I will be sure to look for some back issues this week. I have been thinking about picking this or The Shadow, but was hesitant because I wasn't sure if the stories were any good.
justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Carn Reynolds Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:36 am

The Shadow, The Spider and Green Hornet are all in the same vein, but have decades of stories. I was more interested in this as it's new and I enjoy Fracavilla, both as a writer and as an artist. Side note: He has an upcoming Uncanny X-Men cover coming out, that looks very old school. Smile

Let me know on how you go with hunting down the previous issues, as it's my understanding they've all gone to 2nd printing due to selling out.
Carn Reynolds
Carn Reynolds
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by justinbarnes Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:08 pm

So far no luck in finding the Black Beetle back issues. I found some issues of the Shadow, but there are some missing in the current story arc. I will wait until it ends and begin to read the series.
justinbarnes
justinbarnes
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Kassim M. Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:22 am

I want to try Black Beetle, but it looked a bit too cliche for my taste. Even though it's a pulp noir title, does it still feel fresh?

Kassim M.
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Carn Reynolds Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 am

justinbarnes wrote:So far no luck in finding the Black Beetle back issues. I found some issues of the Shadow, but there are some missing in the current story arc. I will wait until it ends and begin to read the series.

Worst case scenario you can get it on the Dark Horse app, or wait until August for the first arc to be collected.

Kassim M. wrote:I want to try Black Beetle, but it looked a bit too cliche for my taste. Even though it's a pulp noir title, does it still feel fresh?

It's smooth writing. It feels like a classic film. He's a detective, in the same way that Batman used to be. He deals with thugs, but then there are the 'weirdo' [themed] villains. The best aspect is how MORTAL he is. He can fuck up, he has fucked up, but he figures ways out of his problems.
Carn Reynolds
Carn Reynolds
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down