Official Blue Raven Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Munchkin fans?

3 posters

Go down

Any Munchkin fans? Empty Any Munchkin fans?

Post by ChristopherBrahm Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:39 am

Munchkin is a card game that kind of plays off of tabletop traditions. You can look here for a better description: http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/

I made a custom Zelda version of the game that my friends and I enjoy, and I wonder if anyone else plays Munchkin? Besides my custom version I've only played the original, but I've wanted to try the Axe Cop version as well.
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Any Munchkin fans? Empty Re: Any Munchkin fans?

Post by hearty beef n potato Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:51 pm

I saw the cards in my local gaming shop but had no idea what it was! What is it all about?
hearty beef n potato
hearty beef n potato
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Well the goal is to get to level 10, and whoever gets to it first wins. Players can work together, but backstabbing and harming the other players so they don't get to level 10 before you is encouraged and necessary.

You can gain levels by selling items, but the main way to get them is fighting monsters. You get treasures that can be equipment to increase your attack strength or have special effects that can turn things in your favor. You also can change your race and class to better help you in battle or mess your friends up.

Things get pretty cutthroat and because of it its a game that can get pretty crazy. You might think you can defeat the monster, but then everyone starts throwing cards down and it can become a huge affair.
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnal Eclipse Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Munchkin is incredibly fun, although I do prefer Chez Geek. Smile
Autumnal Eclipse
Autumnal Eclipse
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherBrahm Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 am

Autumnal Eclipse wrote:Munchkin is incredibly fun, although I do prefer Chez Geek. Smile

Now I must ask: What is Chez Geek?
ChristopherBrahm
ChristopherBrahm
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnal Eclipse Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 am

Chez Geek is another Steve Jackson card game, and it's a lot of fun. You are all room mates, and you need to slack off as much as possible. It's really fun, and really humorous.
Autumnal Eclipse
Autumnal Eclipse
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by hearty beef n potato Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 am

ChristopherBrahm wrote:Well the goal is to get to level 10, and whoever gets to it first wins. Players can work together, but backstabbing and harming the other players so they don't get to level 10 before you is encouraged and necessary.

You can gain levels by selling items, but the main way to get them is fighting monsters. You get treasures that can be equipment to increase your attack strength or have special effects that can turn things in your favor. You also can change your race and class to better help you in battle or mess your friends up.

Things get pretty cutthroat and because of it its a game that can get pretty crazy. You might think you can defeat the monster, but then everyone starts throwing cards down and it can become a huge affair.

Wow, that sounds like the the demon child of monopoly and Nintendo Party, intent on the pure destruction of human bonds through the medium of cards.
hearty beef n potato
hearty beef n potato
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum